Tuesday 22 June 2010

M O R G A N



aGAiN WITH THE LATENESS! Morgan Blair has been setting the underground Brooklyn art scene alight for some time it would seem, yet my knowledge of her was only realised just recently - I had seen the standout front cover of Small Black's EP a while back, but a severe bout of malaise must have taken hold and I explored no further. Ashamedly I now make it known how much I love her work. I'm usually not so into anything that could possibly be mistaken for dayglo, and I am certainly not into that twee oriental graphic shit you see on t shirts being sold in Camden market, but this seems to hit the nail right on the head for some reason.



I particularly like the installation-y stuff that shit did at someone's house in NYC. Psychedelic murals in your house = YES! Anyways, she's a real hooked up lady and you can find a million interesting links from her site/blog that will send you cascading down the social media rabbit hole. So check it out.




No comments: