Friday 4 September 2009

Indian Wars!!




I woke up this morning with a head filled with cobwebs, an ear full of alarms and my arm around nothing...but things quickly looked up. I figured I would spend the day listening to the Beatles and texting my ex-girlfriend, and then I happened upon a new blog (which I'm going to keep a secret for a while), which opened my lazy heart up to a whole new world of musical delight. I was going to wait a while to start preaching the news of this new band, but I've got a spare couple of hours so I thought 'fuck it', you're only young once...also once I saw the picture above I knew it belonged on my blog!

Indian Wars are a band of Canadians with a penchant for loud, Black Lips-esque, sharp hits of danceable garage punk. Think screeching guitars, fast drum rolls and an injection of blues vocals. They're the most exciting thing that I've heard in a long time, but maybe I just haven't listened to King Khan in a while. I went to Vancouver a couple of years ago and I was informed that there wasn't much of a music scene there, but the more I trawl this vast expanse of wires and signals I find more and more reasons why I should have trusted my instincts and bought an apartment there immediately. Record labels such as Old Life Records - who actually didn't get back to me when I tried to buy some tapes from them last year, but I forgive them - who are based in Vancouver Island, are making positive strides towards making a big impression on the underground music scene...so, perhaps there's even more to come...

Seriously though, check out Indian Wars - party time!

No comments: