Thursday 12 November 2009

Photographers I like Vol. 6: Anna Verlet


I haven't written anything on this section of my blog in a while, so I figured that it could do with an updating as I have seen rather a lot of wonderful photographs in the last month or so. This latest photographer, Anna Verlet, is something rather special. Obviously, living in the no-so-popular part of the east end of London, I don't get to see much greenery or nature (other than the odd tramp being chased round the pathetic patch of grass near my flat by a mean-looking, muscular dog), so her kind of photography is always a much needed reminder of pastures prettier.



She takes lots of pictures of scenery, lots of pictures of buildings and lots of pictures of all things North American, which I'm always a fan of. Of course, a lot of the pictures aren't breaking any new ground, but there is a weird focus on shape, which I really like. You can really see this in images like the one below...


I got really excited when I saw her picture of a theatre/cinema earlier, and I am seriously glad that I checked the rest of her work out. Maybe you'll like it too and we can share an oatie?





No comments: