Wednesday 7 October 2009

Photographers I like Vol. 6: Rasha Kahil



Roaming around Rough Trade East is one of my new most famous things to do. I am always skint, so just holding records and looking around at the excited faces of those who can afford to be in there is about as much as I can get out of the experience, but it feels like so much more. Perhaps I'm just pretending to be hip... Anyway, I came across a thin newspaper of photographs and erotic stories called XI a while ago, and I stupidly forgot to write anything about it, even though it was one of the most beautiful (and sexy) things I've ever seen...

Excerpt from the text:

"XI was the sadist to my masochism.
We had g-chatted all day at work, but I had misunderstood his invitation to
fuck in the office toilets, and missed my chance. By 6pm, I was all tingly
and force-invited myself to his flat, despite his protests about him having
band practice. I told him I just needed 45 minutes, to which he replied “only?”.
I smiled as we boarded the 55."


It was made and published by a girl called Rasha Kahil, who happens to be a bit of a dab hand with a camera. Her photos remind me a little of people like Ryan McGinley, but more natural and personal (well in my mind anyway, and on here that's all that matters). Her blog is awesome as well. I'm always so jealous of people who are more proactive with their cameras and take them everywhere, as that's when you get the best snaps - when you least expect it. Below are a selection of her photographs that I most enjoyed, but I have to say that there really aren't any bad ones.





No comments: