Thursday 27 August 2009

Photographers I like Vol. 5: Takaaki Okada



I've got lots of time on my hands at the moment, so I am getting more than a little preoccupied with hunting for shiny, fun things...perhaps I am starting to mimic the magpies I obsess about everyday...perhaps.



This latest snapper to catch my attention was posted on the amazing and wonderful Pus-Eye not so long ago, and as such is quite the boy with the point and click device.

I think there is a tendency amongst many photographers to take their work really seriously (probably indicating that they are very serious themselves, but whatever - sometimes that's boring), but Takaaki Okada doesn't suffer from these preoccupations. Of course, all the photographs aren't taken with a Boots disposable and depict a laughing clown getting kicked in the nuts by a demon child, hopped up on Haribo, but they do have an inherent sense of humour. The one picture that most got my attention, for the reason that I immediately thought of my friend when I saw it, was the plastic lion head placed on top of the bird bath. Ed is ridiculous too.



THIS ONE:



http://takaakiokada.net/

No comments: